01 December 2009

female uprising and strength

My Musings about female abuse

poem 1
Rising like a phoenix
From a mind in a miserable fix
Abused body but a mind full of hope
 Telling me I need not grope
For I know I’ll rise again

Anger, hurt and misery
An eye wide open & teary
Are now a thing of the past
My spirit and heart beats fast
Promising me I’ll rise again
poem 2
Beyond the tears, self disgust & pity
Above the cruel people's ditty
Lies a rage & desire not to ponder
Nor to give in to despair or wander
But fling off the chains to look up higher
Rise & roar once again like a forest fire.

poem 3
Dust thou art & to dust returneth
Was spoken not of the soul for sureth
For body may wilt & wither with abuse
The spirit & soul rise up and refuse
To take a beating
While time is fleeting
But promises to rise again
Grit & determination on the face writ plain

poem 4
Innocence snatched
Shock,fear & a mind far fetched
Tells a tale of a paradise lost
Of a life that has paid a high cost

A helping hand,a sympathetic word
Fills her with hope to go forward
Gives her strength to stride ahead
Promising her that she'll rise again

poem 5
Shattered heart,battered soul
No one to hold,fell apart with a heavy toll

Hold back tears,they keep falling
I hope God hears,my heart calling

Telling me that my wounds will mend
Or atleast that i'll soar again
Be not a prisoner in the realm of emptiness
Paralysed with a frozen heart & broken wings
Breakout from this void,land of darkness
Learn again what freedom brings

Spread your wings again & soars
Search for happiness that once was yours

Freedom gives you power to rise
See then how your sorrow flies

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tvisha,

    these paintings are specifically for Abhinav's paintings. he is making 4 paintings for a charity auction which would be done by an organisation called as SAARCPC, which is a sexual abuse & rape crisis centre in the region of TORONTO.

    for her next batch of poems she says she will be writing on her grandchildren so u can definetly look forward to happiness & joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi guys,
    courtesy of moms poem,all the 3 red paintings got sold at the event yesterday.
    out of the total 12 paintings (3 artists) at the event 4 were sold and luckily 3 were mine .
    thank you matashree !

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks abhinav,much appreciated

    ReplyDelete