20 March 2010

Fear of the Unknown .....



Definition of Fear: “False evidence appearing real” or “Anxiety is a fear of the unknown”.
You would feel afraid of something that you are not sure is really going to happen. Fear can paralyze and trap you, especially in the face of tragedy, uncertainty and circumstances beyond your control.

We all fear or are anxious about many things as per our reasoning or mental attitude:

1. to go into dark places
2. to look down from great heights
3. to face a big audience
4. to face our interviewer
5. to face our parents at times
6. on our first day at school /college or work
7. even at times something smaller than us like a cat or dog

It is an endless list—worst of all is facing ourselves & our conscience when we know we have done something wrong. This being the worst as other fears when faced go away but self condemnation remains with us through our lives.

The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear – fear of the unknown, the complex, and the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety, however if you Feed your faith your fears will starve to death. Doubt is the opposite of faith. It is a neutralizer of faith. It says a man who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. Imagine yourself as a big rock, or a lighthouse built on a rock, the waves beat the rocks constantly, but you stand strong and cannot be moved. Visualize your strength. The Moorish Proverb rightly says: “He who fears something gives it power over him.”

Sometimes when I have tough or unresolved situations to face, I wake up with an uncomfortable feeling in my belly. I was trying to figure out; what is doubt? How does it feel? Try this word picture. Doubt stinks, it is waste, you need to flush it, and when you are full of it you don't feel good until you let it out. I've learned to get to the toilet and it helps me feel better fast. Sometimes it is just gas in the belly. :)

The following scriptures are a sure shot,tried & personally testified  to overcome even our worst fears,any time day or night.

1) “The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?”
2) “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”
3) “So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”
4) “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear hath torment. He that fears is not
      made perfect in love.”
5) “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of
      whom  shall I be afraid?”
6) “When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
      What can mortal man do to me? “
7) “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
8)”For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is
    my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"


No comments:

Post a Comment