18 July 2012

3 Words




I AM SORRY - Three words, eight letters, so difficult to say.
They're stuck inside of me, they try and stay away.
But this is too important to let them have their way.

When I said what I said, I was wrong;
Please forgive me, and let’s start anew.
Our relationship means much to me.
I’m so sorry my blunders hurt you.
                                                             
Though your memory may bring it back up,
Won’t you please try to put it away?
I’ll be tactful and sensitive now;
I’ll think of your needs every day.

Let’s go on with our lives as we were;
I’d take it all back if I could.
Let’s focus on positive things;
What we have is important and good.

There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.

No comments:

Post a Comment